David has fifteen years of experience in both technical and managerial roles within the IT areana. During the last four years he has focused on projects centred on information management and e-business issues.
David’s combination of technical expertise and experience of tackling real world business issues enables him to rapidly understand and match technology solutions to business problems. Having previously been a manager of a Product Support team, responsible for a large organisation’s key information assets, he is well aware of the challenges facing organisations needing to manage large volumes of complex, un-structured information. Throughout his career David has been responsible for the selection and implementation of technology to support business change, including: Document Management, E-Business/E-Commerce and Content Management products.
A major part of David’s role at has been assisting organisations meet e-government targets and he is well aware of the myriad of targets, frameworks, guidelines and standards that government organisations are facing in support of the Modernising Government Agenda. David is able to provide practical advice on the true meaning of these targets and is committed to providing solutions that deliver real value to organisations.
David has a range of consulting experiance covering ; E-business / e-government, Business & Systems Analysis, System Requirements Specification, User Requirements Definition, Technology Selection & Evaluation, Project Management (PRINCE2), Infrastructure Review.
- Leading UK Training Company – implementation of an electronic document management solution, including: requirements definition, production of business case, vendor research & selection, and project management.
- UK MOD– analysis & evaluation of technical infrastructure & web hosting options for porting mainframe based procurement data to an on-line system
- Office of National Statistics – analysis of business & technical requirements for designing & building CD-based resource for publishing large volumes of national data
- UK DLO – feasibility study for moving a departments legacy e-business platform to a new platform in line with overall organisational strategy
- Department for Education and Skills – Analysis and research into an XML based system for exchange of sensitive information between local and national establishments.
- London Development Agency - Opportunities Fund
- London Development Agency - Regional Skills Partnership