Kirsten Edwards (Mitchell)
Kirsten is an economic development professional specialising in external funding (particularly the European Social Fund and European Regional Development Fund). She has over 15 years of experience in designing and managing projects related to education and employment, business development and urban regeneration. She has supported effective implementation of projects and initiatives through partnership development and strengthening.
Kirsten is currently advising more than 40 clients on the development, implementation and management of European Structural Fund projects across the UK. Her creative flair is complemented by her technical expertise in the structural funds regulatory framework.
Assignments vary from system reviews, project healthchecks and risk assessments to audit rehearsals and mediation assignments with the management authorities. She has advised on retrospective claims compilation and worked with clients on complex apportionment methodologies which comply with audit requirements.
Kirsten has also designed effective tools and techniques for record keeping and monitoring such as operations manuals for beneficiary recordkeeping and financial procedures.
An accomplished trainer, Kirsten has delivered a series of training sessions and related literature across the UK on monitoring and audit of ESF projects and developed a series of ESF and ERDF project management masterclasses.
- LSC London Central, LSC London North and LSC Herefordshire and Worcester – Appraisal of more than 500 ESF Objective 3 project applications
- DfES – Technical Assistance and Management of £35 million of ESF projects between 2003 and June 2006.
- Business Link Gloucestershire and Business Link for London. External Audit and Forensic Accountancy Special Review
- Institute of Education and 9 partner HEIs – Programme of assurance healthchecks for the Aim Higher London programme part funded with ESF
- Technical assistance for a consortium of 9 Education Business Partnerships including development of operations manuals and audit monitoring programme.
- Government Office London – Delivery of 8 article 10 ERDF inspection visits covering Objective 2, Urban and Community Initiative programmes
- Bristol City Council and Ceredigion Objective 1 Partnership – Bespoke ERDF Training Course
- London Development Agency - Regional Skills Partnership
- London Development Agency - Opportunities Fund
- London Development Agency - STEP Fund